tclaire

Received a email from Ifly that their application will run on the iPad now downloaded it to the iPad looks like a really good easy program to use and navigate have not got to fly with it yet
Tim

Downloaded it. Tried it. Long story short. Deleted it. Went back to Foreflight. Easy decision.

It is definitely not comparable to WingX, Foreflight, or FlyQ. I believe this is geared toward iFly owners - only $20 more gives you back up chart/plates, etc and some integration with the iFly (apparently in development).

I believe this set up is great for those that have an iFly panel mounted and only use the apps for planning. My desire, and I understand in the works, is the ability to use the app for planning and then send the data to the iFly in the cockpit; iPad then remains in the pubs bag for the flight.

I totally agree that if you use the app during flight, and you are used to the aforementioned, this one will underwhelm. Users seem to either really like or loathe the iFly UI. I personally fall towards the later, but I know it and it is workable. There are still some things that the app must have IMO to be a planning tool and some nice to haves to be competitive - examples (I've only used the iFly app a short while, so I apologize if I'm missing a feature already included):

Must have - interface to file flight plan
Nice to have - fuel prices. I downloaded a trial of FlyQ and this feature makes CC planning nice - much quicker than switching between an app and Airnav, for instance.