Bud K

Well Known Member
In the spirit of Jeff Foxworthy and his 'Redneck' routine, I thought that this might be fun.:D

The first few are from my own, personal experience as a new RV pilot.

If you've ever tried to justify to your spouse that you 'need' to fly somewhere for breakfast, you might be a RV pilot.

If you've ever removed the tie down eyebolts from under your wing to gain a few knots of airspeed, you might be a RV pilot.

If you've ever driven 30 minutes to the airport just to see if your airplane was 'OK', you might be a RV pilot.

Anyone else?

If you've ever considered taking out a 2nd mortgage on your house to pay for a glass panel upgrade, you might be an RV pilot.

If you've ever considered the vendor booths at OSHKOSH a candy store... you might be an RV pilot.

Last edited:
If you've ever driven past two hard 8 BB diner's, to fly to the third one you might be a DFW RV pilot.:cool:

A 'New RV Pilot' to you!

If you've ever posted a new thread that's already been posted on VAF, you might be an RV pilot! ;)

So much for my extensive, advanced search, effort. Oh well, for us newbies (with less then 2,000+ posts), it still fun!:eek:

If you ever landed in a 15 mph direct cross wind with a smile and thought it was a piece of cake....................... you must be an RV pilot! :D

If you ever limited your search on Barnstormers to only RV's............................................................. you must be an RV- pilot!:D

Last edited:
If when asked by ATC what direction you are going to exit their Class Delta airspace and you reply, "Through the top!" You might be an RV pilot.

If you've been cleared to land by tower ahead of a Bonanza on 1/2 mile base when you're opposing midfield downwind...

If you've been asked by the tower to slow for the F-18 traffic ahead...