Uh-Oh! Has this stopped your upgrade dead in its tracks, or is this just a friendly warning to others who may not know? Is your upgrade still going OK?

Unrelated to my upgrade, just an FYI to some others that have that combo.

Apparently this has already caught some by surprise...

As an FYI the "major change" was adding two parameters to the very end of the serial stream (% power and leaning state).

Any system on 5.1 can be reverted to 5.0 easily. Contact our support staff for instructions.

Service Bulletin from Vertical Power re: Dynon Skyview 5.1

Here's the ghist of the email I got today from Vertical Power:

"Service Bulletin:

VP-200 and Dynon SkyView

Dynon recently released SkyView 5.1 that added some new data logging features and at the same time affected the interface to the VP-200.

If you have a VP-200 and Dynon SkyView installed, please do not upgrade to SkyView 5.1.

This does NOT affect VP-X customers.

We are investigating the issue and will have additional details in the future. Please contact Vertical Power directly ... if you have any questions."

Last edited:
Matt Dralle had a very interesting letter back to Dynon on why this is a bad idea. I don't really understand it because I'm not that smart, but it also -- I think -- makes me feel better about having an ancient glass cockpit in which every instrument isn't somehow dependent on every other instrument.

I Really Like Brantel's New Panel, But....

Matt Dralle had a very interesting letter back to Dynon on why this is a bad idea. I don't really understand it because I'm not that smart, but it also -- I think -- makes me feel better about having an ancient glass cockpit in which every instrument isn't somehow dependent on every other instrument.

When he starts talking circuits, this is what he sounds like to me....
http://biggeekdad.com/2010/11/turbo-encabulator/#.UNxx4smMIjM.email

:)
Keep the posts coming Brian
Terry, CFI
RV9A N323TP