ron sterba

Well Known Member
I am bringing my fuel line from the fuel pump to the firewall for penatration. HOW FAR UP FROM THE FLOOR AND HOW FAR TO THE RIGHT OR LEFT OF THE VERT STIFFNER NEXT TO THE STAINLESS RECESS ACCESS PLATE DID YOU GO THRU THE FIREWALL? ANY PICS? OR SUGGESTIONS? THANKS RON IN OREGON 9A QB

Gascolator??

Ron,
Are you going to use a gascolator with your installation?? Might make a difference...

Regards,
Chris

Hi Chris, No on the gascolator. Ive been told not to use that on the Fuel injected engine by Vans. Ive seen the the gascolater on the drawing and its way over on the right side which made me think if iam fueling the engine from the area where the gascolator use to be then maybe the fuel line for the injection might be over there too! RON

Hi, Ron

Here is a picture, but I don't have the measurements for you. I think that I got the location off the plans, but not sure which page.

I am not to far north of you (Lenhardts) if you want to come look at my plane.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Kent
(503) 627-4045

Here is a picture, but I don't have the measurements for you. I think that I got the location off the plans, but not sure which page.

I am not to far north of you (Lenhardts) if you want to come look at my plane.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Kent
(503) 627-4045

Hi Kent, Gosh I flew right over lens place yesterday twice! Nice lake next door there with the island in the middle. I told my wife that from Salem to Mulino we flew over this most beautiful airport with a lake and Island. I would like to take you up on that visit. Are you up there during the week between 9am & 4pm? Iam based in Salem. My hangar is right behind Lorain Paines hangar the guy whom writes for Sport aviation.He has a RV8. My cell # is 503 559 3191 and is the best way to get a hold of me. Thanks Ron

PM me your email address

And I will email back pictures that will help you.

Hi Kent, Gosh I flew right over lens place yesterday twice! Nice lake next door there with the island in the middle. I told my wife that from Salem to Mulino we flew over this most beautiful airport with a lake and Island. I would like to take you up on that visit. Are you up there during the week between 9am & 4pm? Iam based in Salem. My hangar is right behind Lorain Paines hangar the guy whom writes for Sport aviation.He has a RV8. My cell # is 503 559 3191 and is the best way to get a hold of me. Thanks Ron