VETE76

Well Known Member
Just 1 more and I?ll scream. Just put the leading edges and the one of the wings together with clecoes today. From 6:30 am until 3:10 pm today. I am clecoed out!!! But made a ton of progress today!
I'll probably have a snack and go back to drill out the holes in the wing.
Then move the CLECOES from un drilled holes to drilled,,,,,, then I can DEBURR!
Does it ever end?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This better be worth it! I haven't even been in a RV! Tail done, wings half started! This will change 12-27-07, I am going to Florida for transition flight in a RV6A. Can't wait!
Happy holidays to all!

Just 1 more and I?ll scream. Just put the leading edges and the one of the wings together with clecoes today. From 6:30 am until 3:10 pm today. I am clecoed out!!! But made a ton of progress today!
I'll probably have a snack and go back to drill out the holes in the wing.
Then move the CLECOES from un drilled holes to drilled,,,,,, then I can DEBURR!
Does it ever end?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This better be worth it! I haven't even been in a RV! Tail done, wings half started! This will change 12-27-07, I am going to Florida for transition flight in a RV6A. Can't wait!
Happy holidays to all!

Let me guess - your parts came out of the box with lots of little holes already in them, each just waiting for a cleco? I have a story about tape measures, duct tape, cardboard, string plumb lines, flashlights, sharpies, lumber jigs, mylar film, etc. to tell you sometime.:eek:

It will be more than worth it! I hatched a plan yesterday - I intend to be inverted when my hobbs rolls to 1000 hours next year.

seek therapy to increae your clecoe tolerance before you get to the fuse!!

but hey, it is all worth it, just a new version of "no pain-no gain!"

Clecoes are great

It is hard to imagine a person building a metal airplane not loving clecoes! The precision they bring to the process is fantastic. If you are blown away by this I'm afraid you have some real anxiety ahead when you have to work with things that are not so precise. The airplane is great but you have to use the best tools to get there and clecoes will help you get it done right. Take a longer view and do each task as an important one by itself.

Bob Axsom

Give us another report on 12-28-07. I suspect you will love clecoes!! :D

My guess

Is that you don't read the trip reports from folks who do a lot of neat things in an RV. If you did you would see what lies ahead for you.

Close your eyes and repeat after me....
Clecoes are your friends.........
Clecoes are your friends.........
Clecoes are your friends.

there are 2 pnuematic cleco tools listed on ebay .one closed yesterday I think it went for 28.50 but dont hold me to that amount

It is hard to imagine a person building a metal airplane not loving clecoes! The precision they bring to the process is fantastic. If you are blown away by this I'm afraid you have some real anxiety ahead when you have to work with things that are not so precise. The airplane is great but you have to use the best tools to get there and clecoes will help you get it done right. Take a longer view and do each task as an important one by itself.

Bob Axsom

WOOPS. I DON'T HATE CLECOS i just don't want to see one for 24 hrs! LOL
actually they are kinda fun. especially those damdable clecoe clamps!! ouch. those i hate!

Pneumatic cleco tool

I agree with TCRV7. Get yourself a pneumatic cleco-er. They are not expensive and are a real time-saver when it comes to the large skins. Not to mention avoiding the RSI!