Close to finishing 25 hours of drilling and match drilling all the skins on the fuselage.

I was looking at the mess on the floor, and I dawned on me, if I had known , and put a little more effort in capturing and collecting all the aluminum tailings and waste,

I think I would have some good beer money 😁

Close to finishing 25 hours of drilling and match drilling all the skins on the fuselage.

I was looking at the mess on the floor, and I dawned on me, if I had known , and put a little more effort in capturing and collecting all the aluminum tailings and waste,

I think I would have some good beer money 😁

Ha!
Sadly, at roughly 40 cents a pound for 2024, your entire airplane will only be worth a few hundred bucks scrap. You might have a couple bucks worth of “drill scrapings” after the entire project.

They sure pile up though!

I didn't save the drilling scrap, but every piece cut off fabricating was saved. I have over 20lbs. Almost enough for a six pack of BuckHorn. :LOL:

I save all the little pieces of scrap and cut-offs and throw them in 5 gallon buckets separating steel and aluminum. We have regular metal scrappers that cruise by on garbage day and are happy to collect the scrap material. Happy to help them out.