sglynn

Well Known Member
Do I use the Van's IE VMP Manifold Pressure Kit with Dynon Skyview system?

I'm working on firewall and engine now. XIO-360 and CS Prop. I plan to use Dynon Skyview for EFIS and engine.

Does Skyview accept the input from this pressure kit? Or does Dynon provide something different and I should not install this but wait till I get Skyview system?

thanks

Sure. Nothing here but fittings and such. You use the Dynon MP sender.

Recommend getting the Dynon SkyView EMS kit first. That way you can figure out were to mount stuff.

If you are planning on using electronic ignitions you might want to build a simple manifold to have all three of the needed lines (MP sender and two ignitions) connect to the one MP engine fitting. You can do this with barb T fittings and it will work fine, it just looks less than professional.

Carl

IE VMP Kit location

Thanks Carl

Sounds good. I'll build on. And does it install in the location shown on Van's drawings which is just outboard and above battery, box under brake reservoir on co-pilot side? I trust this location will work fine with Skyview.

Thanks Carl

Sounds good. I'll build on. And does it install in the location shown on Van's drawings which is just outboard and above battery, box under brake reservoir on co-pilot side? I trust this location will work fine with SkyView.

I recommend that you are at the point where you take such Van's drawings with a grain of salt. If you like, you can do cardboard cutouts of firewall mounted stuff and after the engine is on tape them up to look for obvious interference as such.

Here is a simple "what happens in what order" you can edit for a way to start:
- Install the governor.
- Run the throttle, mixture and prop control cables.
- Decide where you are mounting the oil cooler. I'm a mount it on the firewall guy.
- If on the firewall, decide where and how the 3" SCAT hose will go. Don't forget the oil cooler air butterfly valve and control cable.
- Once the oil cooler is set, figure out the oil hose runs.
- Then the fuel line runs.
- Cabin heat SCAT hoses
- Finally the stuff that you have flexibility on, wires and stuff like the MP hose.

Carl

I agree that when using the drawings for locating items in the engine compartment, you should only do so if you are following the drawings for everything or you could get caught with a conflict.

I do not agree with the recommendation regarding using the Vans MP install kit with Skyview. The connections to the two sensors are totally different. If you want to mount your SV sensor aft of the firewall you can use a portion of the kit, but you will have to adapt from a very small hose size on the firewall penetration fitting, to a much large size on the SV sensor.

Fire wall penetrations

I recommend that you are at the point where you take such Van's drawings with a grain of salt. If you like, you can do cardboard cutouts of firewall mounted stuff and after the engine is on tape them up to look for obvious interference as such.

Here is a simple "what happens in what order" you can edit for a way to start:
- Install the governor.
- Run the throttle, mixture and prop control cables.
- Decide where you are mounting the oil cooler. I'm a mount it on the firewall guy.
- If on the firewall, decide where and how the 3" SCAT hose will go. Don't forget the oil cooler air butterfly valve and control cable.
- Once the oil cooler is set, figure out the oil hose runs.
- Then the fuel line runs.
- Cabin heat SCAT hoses
- Finally the stuff that you have flexibility on, wires and stuff like the MP hose.

Carl

Carl thanks for these instructions. Very useful. I've printed them, so I can take them in the shop. Time to unbox the engine.