BlackRV7

Well Known Member
Real quick question. What RPM am I looking for at full idle cutoff/full rich? In other words full out on the throttle/full rich. O-360 Trying to tweak my Dynon EMS D120

Hey Dana:

Are you using the Hartzell C/S?

I was never able to set mine up properly that way. There is such little difference between the low RPM that it's difficult to get it right. The only real way to do it is to run WOT and set it.

Are you using the Van's tach transducer to pick up RPM? If so, you're probably looking for the cycle count of value of 4. It took me a little while to figure that out.

Best,
Jamie

BlackRV7 said:
Real quick question. What RPM am I looking for at full idle cutoff/full rich? In other words full out on the throttle/full rich. O-360 Trying to tweak my Dynon EMS D120

Dana,
Im confused. Are you trying to set the proper RPM for the engine cold at idle? Or are you trying to correct for an improper reading on your monitor.

If its the former, we need carb or fi, c/s or fixed info.

I think your carb c/s. If so since your near sea level, a low RPM of say 500 is a good starting range. It will rise several hunderd when warm and more when hot. If you set it too high when cold, when you go fly for the first time, you will wonder why you cant get her slowed down.
Typically you have to crack the throttle a bit when cold to keep her running.

Best,

Mike, yes I am trying to tweak my engine moniter. It is carby c/s o-360. The default Dynon settings are 2 pulses. Tech support says they set the defaults and 1/2 the number of cylinders but can go as low as 1/4 of cylinders thus a setting of 1 pulse. They read off the P lead of each mag. I have a question posted on the Dynon support forum. It is kinda a convoluted procedure to set the unit to actual RPM.

Kahuna said:
Dana,
Im confused. Are you trying to set the proper RPM for the engine cold at idle? Or are you trying to correct for an improper reading on your monitor.

If its the former, we need carb or fi, c/s or fixed info.

I think your carb c/s. If so since your near sea level, a low RPM of say 500 is a good starting range. It will rise several hunderd when warm and more when hot. If you set it too high when cold, when you go fly for the first time, you will wonder why you cant get her slowed down.
Typically you have to crack the throttle a bit when cold to keep her running.

Best,