newimaging

What is the difference, or how do you identify a AN960-10 Washer vs. AN960-10L Washer?
Didn`t find anything in the Standart Aircraft Handbook.

What is the difference, or how do you identify a AN960-10 Washer vs. AN960-10L Washer?
Didn`t find anything in the Standart Aircraft Handbook.

Short answer, the 10L are thin. Best tool I've found for identifying certain hardware (since Van's just assumes you know what every bit is in a bag of 100 parts) is Google searching it in "images" on my iPhone. 95% of the time a picture will come up.

washers

-10 approximately .063 thich, 10L approx .032. If you don't have them get a set of inexpensive dial calipers to measure just about anything except engine parts.

When I first started building it was confusing which was what on the different sizes all in the same bags. Once I was able to ID the washers I traced them on a sheet of paper for reference as the project progressed....kinda like they do at Aviation Depot for the cashiers. After a while I was able to ID them all by sight and the cheat sheet disappeared.

The search window in Aircraft Spruce is handy.

I recently had a similar question and just entered the AN number. A picture popped right up.

Section 5 of the paper work that came with the empennage on page 5-17 is a chart that gives the washer part#, inside & outside diameters and the thickness of the washer. I use my 6" caliper to measure them if I am unsure.