Will be doing the same in a few days. Pictures would be nice. ANY TIPS WOULD ALSO BE APPRECIATED. Finished Section 24 and will start on the seats today. Fuel lines will follow now that I have the tools.

Yes, the side skins are on. Would have done the fuel lines prior to but did not have the tools. Borrowed them from the Chapter 75 tool library. Chapter 75 runs "Emergency Aircraft Repair" at Oshkosh every year.

Yes, the side skins are on. Would have done the fuel lines prior to but did not have the tools. Borrowed them from the Chapter 75 tool library. Chapter 75 runs "Emergency Aircraft Repair" at Oshkosh every year.

I have seen them in action at OSH. Maybe putting the fuse on the floor would be helpful if the sides are on. I'm lucky working at SteinAir. Besides making cool harnesses (and maybe harnesses for a very cool upcoming E-LSA) we have lots of tools (and smart people).

The flapper actuation device interferes with the fuel line so we'll need a fix to have it get more clearance over the fuel line. I don't think you would have it rubbing on a .035 wall fuel line.

About the only tips I think of is use WD-40 on the flare ends, and lines when feeding them trough the plastic gromets. Use the templets in the plans. Lower the fuse so you can get at the works areas better. Order more tubing now, you are goona need it. ;)

Last edited:
There is no interference

There is no interference if the F-1276C nylon blocks have been counter sunk on the bottom to fit over the stud nuts. Once all plumbing and the top halves of the nylon blocks have been fastened in place, the fuel return line can be pressed down even more to provide a 1/4" clearance.
Joe

Paul:

Started the fuel system installation yesterday, see my blog for a few photos. Jim Cone also has pictures on his website.

http://picasaweb.google.com/JimCone1941

I have no idea how one would install the fuel system with the tailcone attached. HAS ANYONE DONE IT WITH THE TAIL ATTACHED? How was it done? Curious?