hcccs

Well Known Member
Do the ICOM A200 and A220 have the same bracket. I want to replace my A200 and I thought it was just a question of pulling the A200 and slide in the A220. Is that how it can be done?

I could be wrong. But, I think the IC-A200 uses a Molex edge connector. The IC-A220 uses a Dsub connector. And, I also think the wiring is just a little bit different.

To add one more twist to this. I know the A200 and A213 have the same connector and same wiring config. I've slid a A200 into my A213 tray and plug and play while the A 213 was sent for repairs. I also am aware the there is a connector adapter for making a A 213 Edge type connected board adapt to the Sub D connection method for the A 220. ( not ALL A220 are sub D ) It is part numbered under Icom accessories. I believe it mounts into the backplate in the rear of the A213 tray. I have never tried this but thought you might work something out with this info. Please do a close look at the wiring diagram especially for Power and ground before plugging in. FYI , Best of luck