DennisRhodes

Well Known Member
I have the A210 wired for 2 headsets using the intercom and no cabin speaker. Do not have an audio panel. I do have an audio mixer behind the panel which adds in the Dynon alarm signal. Why does The volume knob on the ICOM have no effect on audio level thru my headsets.? The indication bar moves as you would expect . The only audio level control I have is thru the menu set up where I can change the HP level. ?? Does anyone have problems with the intercom not having enough squelch control? I have mic 2 that will keep the intercom keyed in at high airspeeds. Works OK when in the pattern. The squelch is max , I believe 30 on both Mic 1 and Mic 2 . :confused:

I have the A210 wired for 2 headsets using the intercom and no cabin speaker. Do not have an audio panel. I do have an audio mixer behind the panel which adds in the Dynon alarm signal. Why does The volume knob on the ICOM have no effect on audio level thru my headsets.? The indication bar moves as you would expect . The only audio level control I have is thru the menu set up where I can change the HP level. ?? Does anyone have problems with the intercom not having enough squelch control? I have mic 2 that will keep the intercom keyed in at high airspeeds. Works OK when in the pattern. The squelch is max , I believe 30 on both Mic 1 and Mic 2 . :confused:

As far as the squelch goes, if you have a real noisy cockpit with higher power settings, then try these Mic Muffs from Oregon Aero. You'll need them for both headsets.

http://www.oregonaero.com/p62_2001.html#micmuff

L.Adamson