vonjet

Well Known Member
my icoms are not allowing me to hook them to a dimmer. If I use the intended wires in the harness they infect all the other lights on the dimmer by not allowing them to be controlled and going to full brightness.
Are any of you using the icom a200 on a dimmer and if so how did you do it?

Don't have the Icom schematic in front of me and the memory is a bit rusty, but I can tell you that I do have mine hooked up to a dimmer and it works beautifully. I know this is of little help to you, but know that it can be done. Can you post some specifics of your wiring harness, that might help.

ICOM

Well commonly it might be yellow. But in my plane all the dimmer wires are Orange and the dimmer grounds are blue or black.
The ICOM A200 Dimmer HI is Orange and the Dimmer Ground is Blue. I have triple checked mine and they are in the right pins. If I plug these wires into their respective area on the dimmer they dont work. Not only do they not work but they deactivate the dimmer function on every other light and make them go to full bright.
Im to the point that I might just install a toggle for low and bright for the ICOMs only. Im also starting to wonder why the heck I need bright anyway.
At night the low level would be prefered. During the day I can read the black display so when will I use full bright?