CODon

Trying to get the ICOM 200 hooked up to the intercom. Intercom is in and working, radio in and powering on. It is transmitting with good power output on power meter and receives good. No transmission of voice. Looks like I simply have the mike input wrong from the ICOM, but have run into dead in with discussions with ICOM. Does anyone have the correct pin outs?

I am using the harness from Van's and the terminal strip with three identified inputs from the radio, I just can't figure out the right ones. Thanks, Don

You might check to see if you have the mic audio input lines on the intercom for pilot and co-pilot jacks reversed. Either that or the PTT switch lines for pilot and co-pilot reversed. I've seen both of those scenarios cause the transmit with no voice problem, since when you press the co-pilot's PTT switch, a relay in the intercom disconnects the pilot side mic signal, and the co-pilot's mic audio does go thru the intercom internally to the headphones, but never gets routed to the intercom's output line that feeds into the radio's mic input unless the co-pilot PTT is pushed.

Easy to test this by plugging a headset into the pilot's side jacks and pressing the co-pilot's PTT switch and see if you get mic audio transmitted to the radio. You can also plug your headphone into the pilot side, and the mic plug into the co-pilot's side mic jack and press the pilot-side.

If you don't have the install manuals for each unit, you can download the 403's install manual from Flightcom's website.

ICOM doesn't offer a download for the A200's install manual, but if you google for it, you might find one out there somewhere

Sent manual

Don,
check your personal email listed on VAF, I sent an OCR'd copy of the ICOM-A200 manual

Good luck

Solved - Good and Bad Story

First, I want to thank all for the help and the documentation. The good news is that I had the connections sorted out, the bad news is that the harness that I purchased from Van's was poorly constructed and was the source of the problems.

Specifics: The ring terminal on the Van's cable (RZ1) and pin 17 on the Flightcom intercom was not stripped cleanly to the center conductor. The terminal was crimped over the shield thus grounding the transmitter output. Just poor workmanship. The heat shrink terminals were pretty ugly too, but functional.

Reworked the harness and all is well. Thanks to Icom and Flightcom for their assistance also. Off to more wiring!