BlackRV7

Well Known Member
OK gang, i39, Richmond, Madison Kickoff Flyin is
officially on the books for Saturday March 1st

(edit) The 28th was postponed due to inclimate weather...NEW DATE IS MARCH 1st.

We have had a new business take over the FBO. Warbirds of America also has relocated to the corporate hangar. The appearance of the FBO has substantially changed along with the attitudes and environment. The airport is once again a nice place to hang out. The new owners have leased a mobile fuel truck so no long lines will be present at the fuel farm.

i39 is located in Central Kentucky, just south of Lexington. We have had over 100 GA aircraft here for this one day flyin. The list of RV goes from RV-3s to Evos, Harmons, Supers to 4's, 6's, 7's, 8's, 9's....but no 10's as of last year. Let's change that one. This is a very low key, get the birds out and stretch those legs after the prior couple of months of winter weather flyin. I'm not going to jinx the weather, suffice to say we have had a couple good years of weather. The following weekend will be the rain day.....but it won't have to be used!!

Remember, if you fly in there will be no ambulances,
firetrucks or emergency personnel on site........there, that out of
the way.

We will once again have free coffee, donuts, Hooters wings,
hotdogs, colas, water ........................and..............again
this year...............a client is showing up with his mobile corn
roaster!!

Starting time is light 30 with closing at dark 30. Bring your camera
and best lies, you will need the best of both. No vendors, no $3
hotdogs, no forums, no nothing, just airplanes and friends. We again, I'm sure will have members of TeamRV and the Ohio Valley RVators formation teams
flying in with lots of individual RVs. Be careful, this is an
uncontrolled airfield with no NOTAMS, no nothing, safety is up to you.
Keep your head on a swivel and use the radio. You know the drill.

Looking forward to seeing everyone nice and early. 60 degrees and
sunshine.....YES, that's what we are pulling for!!

If you are driving in and would like to spend the night in the area, below is a list of local hotels:

Comfort Suites
859 624-0770
Next to Cracker Barrel

Hampton Inn
859 626-1002
Next to Bob Evans

Holiday Inn Express & Suites
859 624-4088
Walking distance Bob Evans

Best Western
859 623-9220
Same as above

Jameson Inn
859 623-0063
Bob Evans shares parking lot

La Quinta
859 623-9121
Near Cracker Barrel

Ramada Limited
859 626-8676
Same as above

Me cell phone is 859 625-2844 with home 859 369-7582

Last edited by a moderator:
Weather will be great! As long as my ride wants to go (we are going...right Jack!!??), I will be there!

:cool:

Plan on flying in from Southern Indiana KDCY one more time in the Piper Warrior. RV-7A at the airport installing wings for first flight sometime this spring. Have been to Richmond, KY fly-ins before and always enjoyed them.

Squeak
RV-7A
On the short rows

Another year, another Kickoff! Pending arrival of our new nose fork, 908BL will be there for the first time. Looking forward to it!

Bob Kelly

Rescheduled to March 1

Due to predicted weather in the east, the postponement is official. The new date is March 1 at light30 till dark30. The weather front predicted to come through Friday night is a mix of rain, freezing rain changing to rain. The front is supposed to pass here sometime early Saturday morning, giving way to partly cloudy skies with a Sat. high of only 36. The front will be just east of here, which would preclude all of those east and northeast from attending. The extended forecast is calling for temps into the 50's by the end of next week. Much better than this weekend. I will keep everyone informed.

Could one of the mods please change the header to read March 1, instead of Feb. 23rd.

Postponded once again.

Seems I have a Catch 22 with the scheduled i39 Richmond, Madison Kickoff Flyin this Saturday. The weather is predicted to be in the mid 40's, or higher, with VFR for most of the east coast. However, I went to the airport last night to find off ramp parking just too soft. We have had rain/snow/ice/snow/rain...more snow last night and rain predicted Friday. If I were to not disclose the off ramp parking, I am certain we would approach the magic 100 RV numbers, based on my private emails. However, we would also have a parking problem. I wouldn't want my airplane parking on some of the grassy areas. Much of it is fine, some simply is not acceptable to me.

With this in mind, I am postponing the Richmond, Madison i39 Kickoff Flyin. Hold tight and let me find us a good weekend. Door prizes in hand, just waiting on the weather.

Would once again one of the mods change the header?