miyu1975

Well Known Member
Hook to engine gap. scratching head...how exactly is this suppose to work. the hoist won't get any closer to the engine due to the red legs hitting the engine stand. Thought maybe I could left one of the legs, but that may tilt the engine hoist once it's loaded.

??

P1020266.JPG

Will your boom go lower? If it will, you can go down & extend the boom until you can hook up. Lift a pump at a time and carefully assist whatever part of the stand wants to lift first. You'll hit a point where the whole thing will swing but not so bad of a swoop because of the stand's weight. It's not much worse than lifting vertical without the stand.

Your lift looks like one that will telescope. If so, extend it all the way. It should still handle more than the weight of your engine. Mine will go "way" out and still handle 500 lbs.

ah....thanks for the ideas. Mels is perfect. Yes it will telescope out and that will reach. thanks

ah....thanks for the ideas. Mels is perfect. Yes it will telescope out and that will reach. thanks

Just make sure it doesn't want to tip over, will depend on the weight of the engine versus the weight of the lift, and keeping the center of gravity on the lift side of the rear wheels. I once dropped a rather expensive compressor to the ground that way. Thankfully I was able to slow its fall enough to cause only cosmetic damage.

If that doesn't work - time for a couple buddies and a six-pack!