Robert Anglin

Well Known Member
Question, I have just started seeing the G3X system show up in adds. It just has that unlikely feel and look to it. Like this is what needs to be in my panel.
It being new to me and my not getting with the "O.E.M" yet to ask questions leads me to run it by the brain trust here. What are you guys finding out and is it a good fit for an RV-8 with radios to the left side of the main panel plate?? Open minded on this one as the EFIS will not be needed till late this year. And yes we are looking at three or four others.
Thanks yours as always REA III # 80888

Last edited by a moderator:
Naturally I'll admit I'm a little (ok a lot) bit biased, but I also have a bit more info than the average person as well...so perhaps the two can sort of balance each other out.

I think the G3X is going to fit beautifully in an RV8 panel from both a physical perspective as well as an interfacing perspective. We're already sort of starting to draw up "what if" panels for future customers based on the product, and it appears that it's about the perfect size for a lot of installations.

That's my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Stein

I fully expected to see a rash of advertisments and or posts about the G3X during and after SNF. When I search for it all I get are the same old GDU375 pics and comments.

Did it not debut at SNF?

Thanks guys, I am looking forward to seeing some of the planded fitting of this system to the RV-8 panel. Also in hearing more about the interface of it to A.P. and other goodys. The space in the panel of the 8 is small yes, we all
know that one. I can look at the case of the GDU-375 and Think that it is the same as the 696. We have held a 696 up to the center of the panel and it looks just right there. With the radio stack to the lerft. That leaves spots for the round back ups to the other side, along with the A.P.. I do not think at this time that we will wish to go IFR, but wish to be on the light end of IFR
just for safety.. Any news of this new system will be graetly wellcome..
Thanks Your as always REA III #80888