AX-O

Well Known Member
Well, I finally did it. I ordered the tools and a -8 tail kit today. can't wait!

Better change that signature!

AX-O said:
Well, I finally did it. I ordered the tools and a -8 tail kit today. can't wait!

Congratulations! I think you will find it is a lot of fun and a great learning experience. It is also good at teaching you to think ahead. To borrow a line from others here "Ask me how I know". :eek:

Better change you sig from a wannabe to a builder! :D

JohnR said:
Congratulations! I think you will find it is a lot of fun and a great learning experience. It is also good at teaching you to think ahead. To borrow a line from others here "Ask me how I know". :eek:

Better change you sig from a wannabe to a builder! :D

I will wait until I drill my finger for the first time. Then I will call myself a builder.

A lesson in logic

Ok, so you've made the following two statements:

1) "Another RV builder wannabe!"

2) "I will wait until I drill my finger for the first time. Then I will call myself a builder."

It seems to me there's a very simple solution to your problem. Just drill your finger and get it over with! You don't even have to wait for the kit to show up.

Best of luck..."builder gonna be". Read,Read,Read.....then measure, measure,measure...then re-read...then cut/drill.... :rolleyes:
Life changing event...enjoy.

A winner

Welcome to greatest hobby on earth as I think I have read here before. Right before checking the groups I was ridding my flight bag of outdated charts and came across a certificate for a free copy of "Kit Log Pro" that I won last summer in a local EAA Poker Run. Not planning to build again any time soon I decided to offer it as a "Free" gift for the first person that I saw post that they had just started their RV journey. Congrats on your decision, and on Winning" this software in such a random way. If you think you would like to receive this simply send me your Name and address and it will go out to you right away.

Regards,

Very cool, Brian!

The last gesture I witnessed of this nature was at LOE last year when Tom and Katie Velvick donated their freshly won prize of an ECI cylinder discount to Paul Rosales (who sincerely needed them as I understand.) RV-ers are the greatest!

The dimples are all INNIES!

MEK removes Sharpy ink from alluminum so label those skins, inside, outside, up or down.

I have beautiful, matched set of W-703s (outboard top wing skins). Problem is, they should be mirror images of each other. Above all else, the dimples all go IN!

One minor thing that you don't know yet, Van will just as happily sell you replacements for those that you screw up.

Welcome to the addiction.

Rat

AX-O said:
I will wait until I drill my finger for the first time. Then I will call myself a builder.

:eek: Don't even say that! As most of us here know, it hurts! :eek:

You are right though, I think it is a part of the right of passage. Only took me untll about the second day or so. ;) AS reported elsewhere on this board my son then says "I thought it looked like you were going to do that." :rolleyes:

Good luck as you move forward.

Bryan Wood said:
Welcome to greatest hobby on earth as I think I have read here before. If you think you would like to receive this simply send me your Name and address and it will go out to you right away.

Regards,
Sir,
I sent you a PM. Thanks!

Response to AX-O

To AX-O,

You only thing you need to remember is the following:

"Van's supplies the parts and the dream, and you build the airplane". My wife understood this great insight very early in the building process of our 9'er, which has been flying for about 1 1/2 years now. :(

John

Last edited:
I just called home. My tail kit is at home, it's home !!!!!! :D
and my tools came in last week. Now if the weather would cooperate so I can paint the garage floor :mad: I would be set.