db8

Well Known Member
I went to the "search" feature, but didn't find much in the way of who likes what out there as far as knee boards for the iPad or iPad mini. I have decided I will buy one vs making it because of some of the added featurs on a manufactured one. I do prefer to make something in general....it adds to the uniqueness.

I have an 8 and am unable to use the panel (or anything attached to it or the side) to hold a mini or full size iPad. It would block too much of what is on the panel in all directions.

I did decide through the "search" here that the iPad seems to be preferred, plus I'll be using one for work shortly. Haven't decided if I'm going to go with the mini yet or not in the 8.

When I was at OSH, I briefly looked at the Airgizmo i-Pad knee board http://www.airgizmos.com/iPad-Knee-Dock_p_44.html and it seemed pretty nice.

Has anybody used this one or another one that they really like and don't mind sharing their experience? I don't think it matters what airplane you have used it in, so anybody feel free to chime in. Has anybody tried several different ones for comparison? Thank you. Dave

Last edited:
I-pad holder

Dave,

After a fruitless search for a kneepad holder for my I-pad, I stumbled upon a neat, simple strap-and-hook holder that takes up virtually no space, and allows me to move the I-pad around to combat the inherent glare of the I-pad. Check out: www.tietco.com.

The product is not cheap, considering how simple it is, but sometimes it costs more to make something simple.

Let us know what you think!

Tom -- if they let us put ForeFlight on there, I just might. :D

Craig & Maxwell -- that does look very nice. I believe that is the lead contender for me at the moment. Thanks.

If one uses a knee board, is there any sense going with a mini? Might as well use the regular size? Thoughts?

Last edited:
I use tietco

Flying with their straps for two years. Short flights only during summer time your knee sweats a lot under iPad Mini it generates some heat.

In the 8 I suspect a mini is the way to go. There have been previous posts in this regard. I only have experience in the 10.

RAM Ez-Roller

I have two RAM EZ-Roll'r iPad mounts, one has the elastic knee strap mount and the other is a suction cup mount. Only complaint is with the size of the iPad, not the knee mount. Same for the suction cup mount trying to find a space that big that does not block something else. The iPad needs a panel mount. I am planning to change to a iPad Mini when the retina display version comes out. I got spoiled on great looking charts going from a iPad 1 to a iPad 3 retina display.

John Salak
RV12 #120116