wings444

Located in Maryland willing to travel. Need tail draggger time rv-6,7,9 to prepare for transition to rv-8 and tail dragger sign off .

I flew to Portland and got the transition training

I flew to Portland and got the transition training from Mike Seager. I believe he can do it. It would require traveling across the country and scheduling the time with him and spending some time in a very small town in the wilderness of Oregon but that may give you an outer boundary on your possibilities.

Bob Axsom

jan boussel

in obe florida. east coast guy. check out thyr rv hotel for help.turbo:D

Need TW endorsement first

Wings444,

not sure, but I believe you are required to have a TW endorsement prior to receiving RV transition training if it is a commercial operation for the provider (i.e. you are paying for the use of the aircraft). I was informed that the FAA cannot issue a LODA (Letter of Deviation Authority) for training (TW training for the logbook endorsement) that can be conducted in a CERTIFIED airplane.

Regards,

Bill

I received both my tailwheel endorsement and transition training at one time from Mike Seager and would highly recommend that option. The little bed and breakfast near the airport is very nice as well.

I second the motion for Jan Bussel, he did my transition for a RV9
in his RV6, He was a teacher before he became a flight instructor and is alot of fun to fly with. He does TW endorsements also.

I also endorse Jan B. He has some sort of waiver to allow him to do tw endorsements in his plane. I think Mike has the same thing. Few have this special document.

yes....this is important! The insurance companies are picky on what model RV they will accept for other models.

check with your insurance company to make sure everything you do will qualify and that you'll have enough time to get covered.