MSFT-1

Well Known Member
A couple weeks ago, my RV-10 rudder was damaged in a wind storm. The damage was mostly cosmetic but the only way to properly repair it was to completely reskin the rudder or build a new one. My insurance company has approved the repair with no deductable (yeh!). Unfortunately, I am not a builder and I really have no desire to learn how to bend sheet metal and drive rivets to fix this. I also would prefer not to have my airplane down for a month.

If you have an RV-10 rudder that you would be willing to part with that is straight and well made, please contact me. The settlement with the insurance company is pretty generous. I would prefer to buy from an experienced builder. I also prefer that it be unpainted.

Maybe you have several months before your RV-10 is ready to fly and would like some cash flow now...

thanks,

I'd offer to build you one but I think it would be cost-prohibitive. You're looking at about 25 hours plus the parts and shipping. My insurance company paid me $25 an hour for my repairs on my -6A; so I'd round down but it would still be $500 plus the rest. If you can fly with the one you've got, perhaps you can snap up a tail kit that someone abandons and then re-sell the rest and come out better. But if you are interested, you can contact me. My kitlog site has pictures that show the quality of the build of my rudder.