Mile High Relic

Well Known Member
Patron
I'm installing a couple p-mags, and (hopefully) the last part I need to find is a "T" for the Manifold Pressure line so it can be connected to each p-mag.

Brad at E-mag pointed me to the McMaster-Carr website, and I have found a fitting that I think is correct in terms of dimensions, but as a buyer not a builder I thought double-checking with the experts here would be a good idea. The existing line is/was split to the MAP gauge and the former ignition, so I have a 1/4" ID line already there. The two lines provided with the p-mags are 1/8" ID.

Is a Polycarbonate fitting appropriate? It says the operating temp is up to 275F, which is more than the p-mags will take. It is part number 5117K26 if anyone wants to look here:
http://www.mcmaster.com/#5117K26

Anyone have any ideas where I can get something similar in quantities less than 10?

Any thoughts are appreciated.

If you have a section of line that you want to "T" off of, take it to your local NAPA autoparts.

I bought a bunch of high quality nylon fittings and Tygon tubing from US Plastics (usplastics.com).

On the -3, we're using the same QD fittings that I use in the Pitot/Static systems - they are actually made for truck pnuematic air lines, so have pretty good environmental characteristics. I went from #3 cylinder to the Van's sensor manifold. The MAP sensor screws in there, as does a QD fitting. Then I took a piece of PMag's vacuum hose (fits perfectly in the QD), went ot a QD "Y", then two lines to the PMags.

Paul

Paul...sounds like you have a good set up.. you have any photos by any chance?

You can see it in this pic - it's on the right side of the manifold. I didn't think this up - stole the idea from Doug Reeve's airplane.

IMG_5715.JPG

Paul

I was at O'Reilly aviation just the other day, but didn't think to look for this part there. I was looking at some terminals and wire, but ultimately decided to get that from Stein.

I've purchased some miscellaneous hardware from Ace aviation in the past.

I'll stop by O'Reilly on the way home.

Thanks