I have been looking at the -9 for about 6 months and have been trying to learn what I can... Today I went to the EAA fly inn at Arlington WA and had a chance to sit in the Vans -9, BIG mistake.. It looks like it is time to get the garage ready for a little project... :D I don't think the wife will be happy about this...

What mistake? Where?

cwoodyfly2001 said:
BIG mistake.....

What.........you forgot to order the tail kit while you were there? Couldn't decide on electric or manual trim yet? Forgot to buy a Van's hat?

Bigger mistake

I just got home from Arlington. I had the time off, the wife didn't. I went, she couldn't. Weather is forecasted near 100 deg. today. I thnk I'll find outside work, it's actually too chilly in the house, with the icy glare and all.

Rob Herndon
RV-6
Nampa, ID

Well, if it's a mistake...it's the greatest mistake you'll ever make! My wife is very tolerant too, and actually helps from time to time! I'm sure she'll understand. ;)

If my wife was aware what I have spent over the years on r/c toys she would kill me.. So I can always say "we can use this together".. She has always wondered how I can fly all week and come home on my days off and still talk to people about airplanes and go fly models..

Mistakes at Arlington

While at Arlington I ordered my tools from Cleaveland -- to be shipped to my work address ;) Since I'm still in the lobbying process with my wife on the purchase of the tail kit, I want to be ready to get started as soon as I get the clearance. She's starting to realize that I'm pretty committed now that the garage is cleaner than ever. She just noticed the rolling tool box I bought a couple of weeks ago!

Cwoody -- the only other mistake you need to make is to take the "free" ride in that 9A you sat in. I did that about a month ago and have been distracted ever since...

bill
aspiring 7A builder

I am hoping to have a layover in Oregon soon, rent a car and go see them and take a ride.. I was overnighting almost weekly up to the point of looking at an RV, and have not seen Oregon in months ..