Piper J3

Well Known Member
I have my RV-12 setup as a hybrid for air / ground speeds in MPH and distance / route planning in Knots. Today I had 30 knots directly off the tail at 2500 MSL. Sweet ride...
-

Attachments

• IMG_7081.jpg
    IMG_7081.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 83
Go fast.....go slow....!

I have my RV-12 setup as a hybrid for air / ground speeds in MPH and distance / route planning in Knots. Today I had 30 knots directly off the tail at 2500 MSL. Sweet ride...
-

Love these airplanes........!!:)

When you mix and match like that, seems like would add some unnecessary mental math to figure out when you're supposed to be hitting different waypoints.

Is that not a problem?

When you mix and match like that, seems like would add some unnecessary mental math to figure out when you're supposed to be hitting different waypoints.

Is that not a problem?

My screen, pilot side Dynon is in knots, the Garmin on the right the wife uses and she likes statute. I use mine for navigation since ATC uses knots. If I want to be impressed I look at her screen.

Is that not a problem?

No, it's real straightforward... I run ForeFlight on mini iPad. The bottom the screen has ground speed in MPH, distance to waypoints in nm, and time to waypoints.