Looks really good! Nice match to the seats. Don't know what she's thinking but let her pick the exterior color(s) too :D

Give her some ownership and she will be far more willing to fly in it.

nice

Steve, your plane looks nice. I love the seats. There is nothing like leather - hot in the summer, cold in the winter! The fabric looks nice and comfortable. Good choice. Wish I was that far along!

I can't take full credit

I can't take full credit. I purchased the RV nearby from a older gentleman who had a medical issue develop. I'm hoping to finish it soon enough and go flying together. 80% him and 20% me. Oh, and the seats are vinyl.

Last edited:
same path

Mike, It seems we are on the same timeline to fly, me late 2012. Stop by anytime and compare notes. Steve

So how did you paint it?? I'm near that point and don't know where to go from there.

It does look great!:)

Ka6dan

Imron 3.5 ST

scuff it well with scotchbrite, clean with alcohol, mask, dupont variprime 615, and Imron 3.5 ST satin, no clear coat

dupont recommends sealer after variprime, I didn't do it. spray thin coats. Harbor Freight HVLP gun had some splatter and added some texture. I'm OK with that. Should help keep reflection down with the light color.