woodmanrog

Well Known Member
My wife Myra and her friend Tamra are going to fly the Women's Air Race Classic this year in June. This is Myra's first air race and has been quite an ordeal getting ready. She first got checked out in our RV6-A and now has to get checked in a C182. Unfortunately the air race won't allow experimentals. We got a phone call last night that Tamra broke her foot and won't be able to fly for about 8 weeks. Bummer! Anyway, a tremendous amount of work has gone into fundraising to help defray the expenses of the race. Please take a look at the website Myra and Tamra created and you will see a small portion of the work that has been done in order to make this adventure a reality. MJ and Tamra have also organized a series of symposiums on everything from safety to right seat flying for non-pilots. the website address is: www.clouddancers.us

Woodman

Anybody who brags about their wife has my envy

When I read your message I thought your wife might be out of the race because of the broken foot but the race isn't scheduled until June 19 I see. These races require getting a good handicap, navigating well, flying very straight and selecting the best altitude for wind. Her foot shouldn't be a problem once it heals. I put together a couple of excel forms that can help with altitude selection. If you are interested, give me your email address and I will send them to you.

Bob Axsom

Bob,
I would definitely be interested in your spreadsheet. If you could just email me an attachment, that would be great. My wife is the blonde who didn't break her foot. My email address is:
[email protected]