Almost bought one

Turbo,

Credit card was smokin' but I resisted, only because they haven't provided a GPS out to chat with my TruTrak and provide lateral steering commands.

A hanger neighbor did buy one and several of us had the opportunity to work with it this morning on the bench. It's VERY easy to use. The fact that your position is placed on a chart is great. Course deviations are touch and drag. Updates are inexpensive - $70/yr for VFR, $90/yr (I think) for enroute and plates.

We took it out in the sun and agreed that it's going to need to be shaded for easiest viewing. Owner is going to experiment with black cardboard to find an optimum size. Unit is very thin and would make for an easy in-panel mount if desired. Battery pack is optional - primary power is cig lighter plug.
Unit responds quickly to commands. Zoom seems slower than some of the other commands or screen changes but it's probably a lot of thinking for the little computer. Has chart view and vector view. The latter looks a lot like my GRT EFIS in MAP mode. Also a night vector view. Darkened and easy to read. Fonts on the screen info can be enlarged (yaayyy)

They have a forum on the site specifically for a wish list and all I've spoken to tell me that they're very responsive to suggestions and bug fixes. When they can confirm the GPS output for A/P, I'll buy. And really - for $500 this is an incredible value.

Stop by ZPH - take a look.

carl,

i was considering going efb for all charts and approach plates but not ready yet. spent the big bucks on a plb www.fastfindplb.com $235 at gulf coast av. was a nice week of good wx and fun people. later turbo:D
img0553i.jpg