StuBob

Well Known Member
........I'm NOT going to put that nut BETWEEN the spar and the doubler:

2016-02-25%252010.45.08-L.jpg

That's not a doubler, it's obviously a nut retaining plate. Just use really long rivets.

:)

Interesting catch, though. It's shown correctly everywhere else, just wrong in that one place.

Last edited:
Oh my aching wrist

Time to get this out! :)

s-l300.jpg

that's just sick Scott......I put MANY hours driving one of those around a big sheet of mylar back in '80....usually fixing someone ELSE's mistakes.
still remember the sound of a few of them running together, sort of like props out of sync.....weird, yet appealing.

still remember the taste of the eraser too! :D

Your are showing your age....

This tool is what is actually required to fix it
3-Tastenmaus_Microsoft.jpg

Says the guy posting the photo of the wired Microsoft mouse... ;)

I'm showing my father's age. I paid for my first two years of college converting paper to AutoCAD, and SolidWorks has kept me moving since (I'm a CSWP). He (process piping, HVAC) spent 20 years "on the board" and then the next 20 doing AutoCAD and Unigraphics.

that's just sick Scott......I put MANY hours driving one of those around a big sheet of mylar back in '80....usually fixing someone ELSE's mistakes.
still remember the sound of a few of them running together, sort of like props out of sync.....weird, yet appealing.

still remember the taste of the eraser too! :D

Haha. It does seem painful. I remember playing with them as a kid, but never *used* one. I suppose reconfiguring your exploded view is easier now (5 mins), but that doesn't make the document control process (2-4 hours!) any easier!

Last edited:
Riiiight . . . . on the ReVision number 14?

I thought the philosophy was "never-look-back, that is why we have product support"? :D

I have never said that...... but for you Bill, I will make sure all of your drawings are forever locked at the current Rev level. ;)

Yeah, well so....

I have never said that...... but for you Bill, I will make sure all of your drawings are forever locked at the current Rev level.
RVBuilder 2002

Don't worry Bill, if your drawings are like the aileron push pull tube length dimension on my drawings, the revision will be wrong anyway ;)

I have never said that...... but for you Bill, I will make sure all of your drawings are forever locked at the current Rev level. ;)

I just don't know what to say - - Thanks, Scott!

Seriously, the older models just don't have the coverage as the newer models, better illustrated and more complete instructions. Safety is one area that Vans does not hold back on changes and improvements. Actually, I was told the philosophy by a guy in tech support after dutifully reporting issues with drawings/instructions. How would one distribute revisions to 5000 builders over 12 years anyway? I am just happy my project is near the end and flying begins.

Wait, you need one of these too!

erasingshield3.jpg

wow .... talk about memories. As a greenhorn engineer, I too cut my teeth on a drawing board wielding those very same weapons. And yes, I went to elementary school in a covered wagon ...

A lot of memories in these old school tools, misplaced the eraser shield somewhere over the years.

14xi0bq.jpg