N18RA

Finally, after years of building two different projects. Selling both due to life changes, building a shop, then moving. Business commitments taking all of the time and energy. I finally can call myself an RV pilot. I ended up buying a flying RV 8. Today after about 8 hours of training, a fair amount of thought and a bit of luck I finally took to the sky as pic with no safety net sitting behind me. What a great feeling. To have all 200 HP and the cold temps in TN. The performance is just spectacular. Two pretty good landings and a great breakfast with current and future friends. Gotta love the capabilities of these airplanes. I think I can say I am finally an RV pilot. Now to hone the skills, make the flying more precise, and begin using the cross country speed for shortening the travel time. What fun. Oohh, can't forget the formation flying, gotta start trying some of that too.

Thanks to lots of people for the information I have learned and will learn here.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ben, your perseverance has been rewarded:D:D

Now, where is the photo of "The Grin"???

That's my spousal equivalent!

Our buddies took some pictures of us, so when I get them, I'm sure Ben and I will both have new profile pics... I know for a fact that one shot has two big grins!

Anyway, it felt so great to finally rise above "RV wannabe" status, even if I am just a GIB for now. Ben, you already fly the 8 like the professional that you are, I'm so proud of you! I wasn't scared at all!:eek:

Welcome to the airborne RV ranks!

All this talk about flying...I got to go find somewhere to fly tomorrow.

Maybe I'll go watch someone do a first flight! :cool:

Yay!!

Thats just great!! Glad to hear of yet another -8 pilot. Happy flying!!!

The GRIN

It's sort of far away, but it's definitely there!!

PzTNijOlaVc3wvCqi3ukgiw4jJ9_jtq_QZKkAU5--mc

:D:D

Congratulations! I know "Tony II" knows the way to 9A0, so maybe you should drop by sometime.

Congrats Ben

Welcome to the club. You know you are now flying the preferred platform.