Ouch! Been there. Can you pick up a new one and sneak it in? Maybe kids to blame? Otherwise deny deny deny! (I'm divorced so maybe don't listen to me)

Hey, nobody can prove that was you! Could have been some neighbor kid that broke into your garage one night and maybe, uh...nope, I can't even make that a good lie. You're screwed.

In my defense, I did cover the table with a paint cloth. Unfortunately one that was too thin!IMG_5834.jpeg

Last edited:
All of these made me laugh this morning. Thanks all for all the good humor at his camping table's expense. Made me ponder how many pieces of plane-building accidental "art deco" I have created over the years!

You will be the coolest camper there. Unfortunately you will be the only one to know unless you are at OSH

When I first started the tail kit, I had a sheet of MDF on top of our camping tables. It’s amazing how fast an air drill will put a #40 bit through the aluminum, wood, then plastic table with an inexperienced trigger finger.

Makes a great a conversation piece

My first thought was, "I don't see the problem". My second thought was, "Cool, I wonder if I could custom order one of those?" Your table now has a personalized patina look. Very cool!

Its a work of art. You should sign it!
Brian, sign it by spray painting the side profile of your face on the table. We'll auction it off here for the charity of your choice <g>.
Love the patina. Say's "I built my plane" graphically.