danielhv

Well Known Member
I know this isnt RV Related but it kinda is in a way... I have a paint project to do at home, and I would like to spray it on instead of roll it... I'll be using a water based latex paint to paint the garage walls... I dont know much about HVLP, but im looking at the guns at harbor frieght... I want one that I can use when I start priming the RV, but I also want to be able to spray UNTHINED latex.... anybody done this? Which gun should I get from HF?

hvlp

If you wish to invest in an system that will serve you well...Look at Lex Aire. There systems are the best that I have used, and are an excellent choice for painting your RV. I have had awesome results with everything from furniture lacquer to 2 stage urethane auto finishes. You need to change the needle and cap to spray heavy latex paints. Great company as well.
www.lexaire.com

Regards...Chris

If you wish to invest in an system that will serve you well...Look at Lex Aire. There systems are the best that I have used, and are an excellent choice for painting your RV. I have had awesome results with everything from furniture lacquer to 2 stage urethane auto finishes. You need to change the needle and cap to spray heavy latex paints. Great company as well.
www.lexaire.com

Regards...Chris

I would consider a whole system, but i have a 60 gal compressor, so im hoping to find a cheaper alternative than a whole system...

To spray unthinned latex paint you need an airless sprayer. You can pick one up at Home Depot. They come in several sizes ranging from hand held to big enough to draw paint right from a 5 gallon bucket. If you don't want to buy you can always rent one from your local rental center.

yes i have

you will think at first it isnt working well untill you go back to the roller. i sprayed a 24x24 shop with a 30$ siphon type. ( cup on bottom) in the first hour of brushing i did a 2x10 piece of a wall. probally only took about 4 hours max. (more like 2.5 - 3) to spray the rest of it with the gun. it worked as well as the wagner i tried. it will not spray a fan pattern but it will spray about a 4 inch diameter circle. at first will seem to thick but you can adjust for that. i wouldnt hesitate to do it again. if you can, get a gun with a large fluid tip. cheap guns usally dont give that option. a true primer gun will have a larger tip than a color gun and a clear gun will have a larger tip than the primer gun as well. good luck

Last edited: