JetMech72

After reading some threads, it seems like HVLP is the way to go for priming. I started looking at various guns and ended up confused again. I plan on using Stewart Systems EkoClean, EkoEtch, and EkoPrime Primer/Sealer.
Does the Cleaner and Etcher get applied with a rag?
For the primer/sealer, which HVLP gun would I use?
I saw here a decently priced HVLP set with a primer, top coat, and touch-up gun. Will this primer gun work well with the EkoPrime? Is the 1.8mm the key factor for primer guns?
The compressor is a CH 60 gal, 11.5 SCFM @ 40 PSI, 10.2 SCFM @ 90 PSI.

If I remember correctly, Stewart Systems strongly recommends a certain particular spray gun. I don't have it at my fingertips.

I have shot their primer with the recommended Devilbiss HVLP gun, a non-HVLP detail gun, and even that cheapo touch-up gun from Spruce that uses plastic 35mm film canisters. The good gun gave me the smoothest finish (less, or no sanding) but the primer is very easy to sand regardless. The cleaners can be applied with a rag or sprayed from a pump spray bottle. That's all on their DVD and Youtube videos. I think your compressor will be OK for primer, but the recommended gun requires 13 CFM for finish work.

I've been using the Harbor Freight 5.3oz HVLP (SKU# 46719) with good results for priming ribs, inside skins, etc. Dan will tell you how to set up this gun if you give him a call. Stewart recommends the Devilbiss Finish Line III for finish paint. Highly recommend you call Stewart and get their free DVD.