apatti

Well Known Member
Hi all,
Having been a resident of southeast Louisiana (New Orleans/Slidell) until about 3 years ago for 9 years, my thoughts naturally turn to hurricanes this time of year. As many of you know, I still had my house in Slidell when Katrina hit. So, I know the havoc it can cause. I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread on this topic.

If you live in an area along the Gulf or Atlantic coast I hope you have an evacuation plan in mind. I assume it includes your aircraft. Somewhere on this website, I think, is a list of people who have hangars they are willing to share with folks who need to get out of harm's way. Hopefully, someone can speak up and remind us where that list is. It might be a good reminder for folks to go and update it. I now have a T hangar that we may be able to squeeze another RV into. It currently has a friend's T18. Do any of you know if you can usually squeeze two RV's into a single T hangar?

Warner Robins, GA is in the middle of the state about 20 miles south of Macon. If you come here I can even offer the use of a Nissan Pickup to get you around. (You have to supply your own chewing tobacco, though. :D)

snip....Somewhere on this website, I think, is a list of people who have hangars they are willing to share with folks who need to get out of harm's way....snip

It's on the front page of VansAirForce.net (click on the logo up top left) and look for 'Hurricane Inland Bases' in the menu on the left side.

Direct Link

b,
d

If the Hurricane Hits

Our evacuation route is direct to the airport, 15 minutes away. We plan to fly out to someplace 90 degrees from the intended path, which will most likely be Texas. Barb and I will prep and lock up the house, fly away and come back soon after the 'cane is gone. Our airport is in an open area with a couple large runways so I don't think we will have an issue getting back.