RV-3Bravo

Well Known Member
Everyone on the Gulf Coast keep an eye out for this storm. Make sure you have a plan for your RV if you are in the path of this storm! They are modeling a Texas landfall as of this afternoon.

Edit: I should say that landfall isn't expected until middle next week. Just trying to keep people on their toes.

g3_ir_anim.gif

Last edited:
accuracy...

This is a bit backwards thinking, but when we lived in Charleston, SC from 98-02, I always liked it when they said a storm was heading directly for us in the 9-day forecast...chances are pretty slim they have the model perfect that far out. But yes, be prepared...anything can happen. -Jim

Hangar available NE Dallas

We have room for at least 3 or 4 RVs inside, and much room for outside tiedown. ShortStop Airfield (8TA5) about 35 miles northeast of Dallas.
972-784-7544

Yea, I am flying to Orlando tomorrow, positioning to Cancun Sunday - I am on standby to do a quick rescue to Jamaica instead - who said Charter was boring !

hurricane dean

Check out the hurricane inland base list on the left side of the home page.

It lists lots of places you can put your plane out of harms way.

I've been working Dean all day long, and it certainly is staying on a consistent track. This one could potentially affect a lot of folks, which means everyone has to prepare, although we know that in the end, a smaller area will be affected.

I know that the Val will be fully fueled and waiting for me when the Shuttle is safely down and our people on their way out of town (if that is required). Having my own airplane allows me to stay later than most, and be one of the last ones out.

I think the current track is going to persist until next week if you want my guess...

Paul

Some want out and I want in, been planing to fly down to the Rockport area this week to help a friend. might have to scrap them plans :(

update?

Jim Pappas and Doug. The database is a great idea. It seems to be oriented to old hurricanes and some of the posts appear out of date. Is there anyway to make the database interactive (or keep current without a lot of work)? The above posts are current. For this one, just bail (bale?) out of harms way. Get somewhere, then post a request for support. RVers will come through. Just a thought, John.

Hurricane Dean

John,

You're right it is from a couple seasons ago.

We talk about how our group pulls together a lot but this thread for me was almost too much when I emailed Doug about the idea at lunch one day when a storm was coming.

By dinner you see how many came through, it blew me away. You guys and gals are all awesome.

As far as anything other than the initial idea this whole thing is Doug's and he will have to tell us what he can do.

I'm planning to be with friends in New Orleans Fri- Tues for the "anniversary" of Katrina isn't that a strange coincidence. I hope we don't have company, those folks can't handle it right now.

Good luck to everyone and let's do what we can to help.

I'm supposed to be in Houston Tuesday through Friday of next week - prime time for Deans arrival. That trip may require some last-minute modifications.