acam37

Well Known Member
I just got my new Saber 4" hub and was trying to figure out how to torque the hub to engine flange bolts to their recommended values before safety wiring? I can't get my torque wrench on the bolts because there is not enough clearance between the prop flange and engine flange. Any suggestions?

You'll need to use a "crowfoot" wrench on your torque wrench.
Don't forget to factor in the extension distance. Or if you can manage to place the crowfoot at 90?, you should not need to recalculate.

Torque Extensions

From the Hartzell Propeller Owners manual - 115N, available online:
Screen%20Shot%202015-09-06%20at%2012.15.30%20PM_zpsxldwtr0n.png

Thanks guys. I should have paid better attention in math class. I think that I can achieve the 90* on the crow foot.

I was not able to get a crowfoot on mine, my crowfoot was not long enough and I couldn't get the torque wrench onto the end, so I ended up sacrificing a wrench to make a custom tool. I cut off the box-end (round side) of a wrench and welded a 1/2" drive socket in it's place, this made an "extended crow foot" wrench that I could use as an extension and snap onto my torque wrench. Don't forget to recalculate your torque for the longer arm, per the directions on the post above.