I finally got my HS-34 installed and went flying. I had a couple wiring issues that were my own fault. When I got them squared away the thing works exactly as advertised, actually probably better.

I have a G-430, D-100, TT Digiflight II.

It has nearly all the features of the Certified E-HSI's except waypoints on the screen which I have no interest in. I fly a Cheyenne with a King E-HSI and I never use that function.

The one thing I have not gotten hooked up yet is the Nav -429 connection, but that should be a no brainer and I plan to get it done this week. I did not have the pins to hook up to my G-430.

The next thing on the wish list would be for the D-100/HS-34 to output an ARINC-429 datastream that could drive the TT A/P and allow the TT to follow either the GPS, Nav, or heading bug. I know that is dreaming for Dynon to send data to other A/P when they intend to build their own, but that is really the step that closes the loop.

I have a couple other simple improvment ideas for the HS-34 that I would like to see and the folks at Dynon are listening as they have done so many times in the past. This is an wonderful addition to a fantastic product and I am super satisfied with it. Anyone flying real IFR with a Dynon should add this box.

Tailwinds,
Doug Rozendaal

The next thing on the wish list would be for the D-100/HS-34 to output an ARINC-429 datastream that could drive the TT A/P and allow the TT to follow either the GPS, Nav, or heading bug. I know that is dreaming for Dynon to send data to other A/P when they intend to build their own, but that is really the step that closes the loop.
Tailwinds,
Doug Rozendaal

This has been discussed in great detail on their support forum and they are basically stating that this most likely will never happen. Too bad they don't see this as a feature that would add tremendous value to their units. They are really defensive about this subject so there must be a really good reason why they don't like this idea and it is most likely really different from the reasons they present publicly.

Last edited:
How do you like it? Does it work as advertised?
Although I have yet to fly with the HS-34, I do have it installed along with the Dynon D-180, SL30, and a panel mount Garmin 496.

Everything interfaces as advertised, and having real "knobs" to turn is a true bonus!
My only complaint was the mounting bracket. In my opinion, it seems more like an after-thought as it did not provide for a very secure "feel" and allowed to unit to actually tilt, while mounted in the panel. I added an addition angle bracket on the top of the mounting hole, back side of the panel to prevent the "tipping." Worked out great!

We ouptut quite a bit of info in our serial stream.........

In lieu of joining forces with TT, which we won't do just to code an autopilot interface, we thought that releasing our own autopilor would work. ;)

Last edited:
When Dynon Autopilot?

In lieu of joining forces with TT, which we won't do just to code an autopilot interface, we thought that releasing our own autopilot would work.
;)

I haven't heard the latest estimate on your autopilot. I'd love to install one.

Thanks,
Tim

I now have all aspects of the HS-34/D100 coupled to a G-430w with a TT VSG A/P.

Everything works as advertised.

I flew an actual ILS to 200 & 3/4 this morning and it all plays together very well. It is a significant upgrade from the serial connection to the G-430.

Anyone using a Dynon HSI without an SL-30 should strongly consider this upgrade.

Tailwinds,
Doug Rozendaal
F-1 EVO Rocket

496 talking to sl30 through hs34

Has anyone hooked the 496, sl30 and hs34 together? Does the comm frequency upload from the 496 work through the HS34? There is only one Rx connection on the SL30 and I currently have the 496 hooked to that, Dynon suggests connecting the HS34 TX to the SL30 Rx and the 496 data should "pass through" the HS34.
Just would like to check before I rewire this portion of the panel.