dabney

Well Known Member
Friend
I fly in SoCal where due to mountainous terrain there is not always line of sight to a ground station to receive traffic alerts.

Going to Florida to fly next year so I was wondering about traffic coverage. I presume due to the flat topography there must be excellent ground station reception and overlap.

I have a Garmin 330 ES (extended squitter) transponder and a Garmin GDL 39 receiving traffic on both channels and displayed on a G796 via Bluetooth.

Will this setup provide good traffic coverage received from the ground stations even when operating at low altitudes?

Flying around Daytona Beach area (from St Augustine to Titusville) I never have any problem receiving ADS-B or MOD S traffic at low level.

Flying around Daytona Beach area (from St Augustine to Titusville) I never have any problem receiving ADS-B or MOD S traffic at low level.

I fly between Daytona and Melbourne, mostly.

With a Navworx UAT, I typically see between 5 & 6 towers while airborne.

Don

With a Stratus I usually get 5-7 stations everywhere I go in the state. The highest point in the state probably couldn't see over a 2-story house. Line of sight everywhere.