Bob Axsom

Well Known Member
Seriously what experience have you had so far.I sat in on the Webinar by AOPA Tuesday and I'm starting to work with it. The good doctor said if someone doesn't have an e-mail address they cannot have a Flight medical examination. OK I have one so I'm good. He said just go to the https://medxpress.faa.gov/ website and request and account supply the requested information and a temporary password will be assigned via e-mail and once you have that you can log on to the website and complete the form and submit it. You will be given a confirmation number and your AME can use that to pull up your form complete your physical examination and submit the form and you will receive an approved medical.

Sounds like a well planned process and the webinar doctor even said he helped develop it. So in I go Supply the information and I get a message that says:

"Your account exists in the system. Please contact the [?] at 1-877-AVS-NSDI if you require more assistance" please note the number I recorded here is wring the last character is a "1" not an "I" they do not provide the phone number in plain digits at this location so seeing a series of letters I assumed it was another letter. I am rather sure that is why the number I did call kept giving a busy signal, no one would want to receive so many wrong number calls for long.

At the bottom of this little message block is a button that says "Close the Window". I hit the button multiple times and there is absolutely no response.
So I close the big window by hitting the red button on my MAC.

So far I'm not finding this to be a well developed system.

Bob Axsom

Last edited:
Called the 1-877 number

It's busy with no wait queue just an old fashioned Beep-Beep-Beep-Beep. OK the night is early and they say the phone is monitored 24/7.

please note the number I recorded here is wring the last character is a "1" not an "I" they do not provide the phone number in plain digits at this location so seeing a series of letters I assumed it was another letter. I am rather sure that is why the number I did call kept giving a busy signal, no one would want to receive so many wrong number calls for long. Later on I ran across the contact number in all digit format and the call was answered immediately. The correct number is 1-877-AVS-NSD1 or 1-877-287-6731 and NOT 1-877-AVS-NSDI.

Bob Axsom

Last edited:
On the 5th try got through to ringing phone

On the 5th try got through to ringing phone but no one answered.

Bob Axsom

It worked perfectly for me a couple of weeks ago. I like it better than the paper system; the doc did as well.

Working so far ...

Bob,

By coincidence, I registered tonight on MedEXpress. The registration process worked well, although I have not filled out the form itself yet. They do provide a phone number to call for help if you have problems, so you may try that tomorrow. Good luck.

Fernando

Seriously what experience have you had so far.I sat in on the Webinar by AOPA Tuesday and I'm starting to work with it. The good doctor said if someone doesn't have an e-mail address they cannot have a Flight medical examination. OK I have one so I'm good. He said just go to the https://medxpress.faa.gov/ website and request and account supply the requested information and a temporary password will be assigned via e-mail and once you have that you can log on to the website and complete the form and submit it. You will be given a confirmation number and your AME can use that to pull up your form complete your physical examination and submit the form and you will receive an approved medical.

Sounds like a well planned process and the webinar doctor even said he helped develop it. So in I go Supply the information and I get a message that says:

"Your account exists in the system. Please contact the [?] at 1-877-AVS-NSDI if you require more assistance"​

At the bottom of this little message block is a button that says "Close the Window". I hit the button multiple times and there is absolutely no response.
So I close the big window by hitting the red button on my MAC.

So far I'm not finding this to be a well developed system.

Bob Axsom

I first used Medxpress two years ago (or was it AOPA's version of it...don't recall) but my doc wasn't yet prepared to accept it in place of the paper form I filled out in the office. But this year Medxpress was required and it worked like a charm. No hiccups, easy to use, and I took a printout with me to the office just in case, but it wasn't needed.

Looks like a pretty good system to me.....but I use a PC...... ;)

Last edited:
Worked great for me back in July/August. I like it and my AME (award winning RV builder) likes it!:)

Finally got through to IT "NOT Compatible with Safari"

I was advised to install Firefox for MAC and that should work. We will see.

When I called the correct number (1-877-AVS-NSD1 or 1-877-287-6731 and NOT 1-877-AVS-NSDI) the person that I talked to explained that I could enter "firefox for MAC" in a Google search window and I would be provided a response which would include a way to download the firefox browser free with simple built in steps for completing its installation. That procedure worked as he said for me. In that browser I entered the https://medexpress.faa.gov address and everything was compatible with my MAC for completing and submitting the form.

Bob Axsom

Last edited:
Bob,

It's worked well twice this year (I'm on the every 6-month program). Actually was pretty slick, and I think I did it from my iPhone the second time (not 100% sure on that, but did it in a rush when an appointment at the AME opened up).

Bring in the file number from Medxprs, and the docs have all they need. Once you get the box talking to it, and you get the program running for you, it's easy-peasy!

I was skeptical of change at first, but it's all good on this (so far!) ;)

Cheers,
Bob

I worked well with the Firefox for MAC browser

Once I got in it went very well. (I just can't say that ep thing Bob - but I agree.)

Bob Axsom

I used MedXpress for the first time back in May. No issues. Used my default Firefox browser on my Mac Book Pro without issue.

Note: I did use the AOPA Turbo Medical first to make sure that I had all my info ready before starting MedXpress.