ScottC

I'm New Here
Hey guys,
I'm new here and in keeping with tradition of some other bulletin boards I post to, I'll introduce myself...

I'm a future RV-7 builder (plan to start late this year or early next year). I currently work at Midwestern Aircraft Systems (formerly Boeing) in Wichita, KS as an aircraft structures engineer - also known as a stress guy.

I have about 125 hrs flight experience so far, with the last 10-15 in a Mooney M20F. Let me tell ya, that's a nice way to travel! I fully expect the RV-7 to surpass that experience in almost every way. I've taken one ride in a -7A courtesy of Doyle ___...sorry Doyle, I've forgetten your last name....and I had the RV grin from startup to shutdown! :D

Being young, single, with no kids, I'm planning to build my "dream plane". My current plans are for a new IO-360 with electronic ignition and a glass panel with a GNS 430 and dual display EFIS. I've been doing a little research into the EFIS manufacturers and really like what I see from Chelton, but that sucker sure is pricey! I expect that by the time I'm ready to put gadgets in the panel there will be a whole new generation of displays out there.

So anyway, I'm gonna lurk around the site for a while and hope to meet some of you in the Wichita area.

Happy Landings!
-scott