Tram

Well Known Member
Just trying to figure out the best way to do this.

Not sure I want to go stripping all the paint in the interior, as it's in decent shape, just want to change the color. Beige to dark gray.

Anyone have any suggestions about how best to go about prepping for new paint?

paint

Wipe down with prepsol to remove oil/wax first then sand and prepsol again then paint.
Bob

Wipe down with prepsol to remove oil/wax first then sand and prepsol again then paint.
Bob

Great tip for cleaning.

Now, what about if we wanted to remove most, if not all, of the paint and primer that's on the interior before repainting? What's the easiest method and chemical to do so without needing a HAZMAT suit to do it? :eek: Not looking to remove the primer under the paint if at all possible, but would like to remove most of the paint as it was hand painted and has some drips...and probably thick in some areas? I have no problem re-primering before paint if need be.

Last edited:
Bob

Quick Google search and I can't find anywhere to buy it..

Where can I pick it up?

Is Kleen-Strip "Prep-All" the same stuff?

http://www.superfpaint.com/products/RemovAll-SV%2d35{47}PMA-Aviation-Grade-Coating-Remover.html

Wicks used to carry gallon sizes, not sure if they still do.

I've used this stuff for a couple of projects, and it works great. Peroxide-based, non-toxic and doesn't stink. You can get it on your hands and it doesn't burn. Good stuff. Spray it on, come back the next morning and big sheets of paint film are laying on the floor.

Hmmm... That might work for the exterior.. ;)