ArVeeNiner

Well Known Member
Hey all:

After storing my canopy in my son's room for a year or so, he's decided that he needs more room. I haven't cut it yet. Anyway, last night I took it over the the In-laws garage. I have it upside down resting on a couple of padded saw horses and also on pillows. Is this a safe way to store it for the next couple of months?

Ideally, you want to store it where it is unlikely to get stepped on, dropped on, or fall:eek:

I also prefer to keep it in a warm/dry location as well. Mine stayed in the loft in my heated hanger.

FWIW

FWIW, I stored it upright on a rectangular frame of 1/3's suspended from the hangar ceiling (All construction was in hangar) by the corners of the frame.

I kept the box it came in and that's where I store it. I put the lid back on and use it for another work station.

Called Vans

I called Van's and they told me that I probably shouldn't store it upside down. They said I should stand it up on end next to a wall or flip it over.

Thanks

snip...I have it upside down resting on a couple of padded saw horses and also on pillows. ....snip

One alternative is to hang it from the ceiling of your garage. You can see it in the upper left part of this pic - used the lid it came it, $4 of strapping from Lowes and four of those bicycle hooks. Motor mount is underneath it.

FuseRolledOutInGarage.jpg