I found the document on their website that details the tools and procedure.

Sound brutal! Does it work?

I've had mine on/off a few times. Put two chunks of 4x4 wrapped with a towel under the prop on each side of the spacer. Take a steel pin punch and wrap the lower 5" with masking tape to keep from scratching the prop. I wrapped a bunch around the tip to keep the punch centered in the hole. Then just do a couple taps with a hammer in one hole, a couple taps in the other. Patience is key. It will eventually separate.

Thanks Andy! It seems like yesterday you stopped by to get the DRDT2....Now your building again! Repeat offender!

Last edited:
you may be able to use a press vs a hammer to knock out the pins, I've never done it so i'm just thinking out loud.

Is this a trial separation or have you been eyeing a Whirlwind and getting a divorce from the FP. :D

I am divorcing the FP Brian...I may want to come out to your neck of the woods someday!

Already have more or less bought a new Hartzell...Just waiting on it to be delivered. It is coming via private airmail and we need some good weather here in the East so that can happen!

This FP has served me well but it is also more or less sold and I need to be able to get it apart for shipping.

This all started when I went and put that hole for the Blue knob in my new panel.....:)

Last edited:
Brian, can you post the link from the Sensenich page? I can't seem to find it and I need to the remove my spacer also. Someone installed it 180 out fom where it is supposed to be (1 on spacer aligns with 1 on prop .... Duh) don't know who switched it on me after it was assembled :D:D:D

Thanks Andy! It seems like yesterday you stopped by to get the DRDT2....Now your building again! Repeat offender!

Yup. I guess I got too much aluminum powder in my blood. Also we had a little one and need more seats! :) I should have kept "Big Blue". We ended up having to order a new one from Experimental Aero.

I've had mine off a couple times. Just follow the directions even though it sounds brutal - the props are pretty robust.

Greg