Jamie

Well Known Member
Hey all:

I'm looking for photos showing how to secure top ignition wires. I have dual mags and am using a unison harness.

I've seen some airplanes (C-172s) that run the wires down the top center of the case then out to the plugs. I've seen others just bring the wires in the rear (using a baffle penetration ignition seals which I have) and then just let them hang loose.

Superior's diagram shows them secured via the top-most rocker cover screws and a 180 into the plug (similar to the bottom ones) but this is obviously not ideal with Van's baffling.

So...let's see some photos.

Thanks, Guys!

Here's what I put together yesterday and I'd appreciate any feedback...
I have top-mounted Lightspeed coils, so this would be equivalent to running the wires from the mag down the middle of the engine case.

20070326_IMG_4557.JPG

The black thing is a little clip that came with the harness. It had a hole in the middle that just barely accepted a #8 screw.

Below this spot, the wires flow nicely right into the spark plugs and don't seem to be in danger of rubbing on anything. I put a high-temp ziptie lower down but nothing else.

Mcmaster Carr

Has the clips that Paul used - gotta look for them though. They work great to separate or mount ignition wires.