RidiculousM

Well Known Member
When riveting vs-705,vs-704 and vs-707 to vs-702 front spar on vert stab how is it done? Squeezer or gun n bar?

Thanks
Mike

Totally depends on you. I used a hand squeezer everywhere I could on the -6A, but while I could squeeze 3/32" rivets all day, 1/8" rivets tended to make my hands sore after a while, so I started to get used to using a gun. With a little ingenuity and practice, I got to where I could set with a gun almost anywhere. But, when I got a pneumatic squeezer with a few select yokes, I seldom have to resort to the gun anymore for universal head riveting. To summarize: I find a gun most versatile but get better (more consistent) results when I can use a squeezer, though a pneumatic is less tiring than a manual one.

Up to you...

I agree with Patrick above, I have used my squeezer wherever it was possible, as the results are FAR more consistent than with the gun. That said, this is just a preference thing, and I am sure there are those out there who would prefer the gun to the squeezer, it just depends on the builder. Some cases will demand the use of a gun, but I would say 95% or more of my riveting has been with the squeezer (with a variety of yokes) and the results have been exceptionally consistent shop heads.