justinmg

In the next few months, we will be refitting the panel on our 9a slider.
I purchased the aircraft complete, so am not exactly sure how the initial fit was comleted.
We will want to fit an Enigma into an affordable modular panel. Do I need to remove the glare sheild for this, or does the original panel just screw out. It seems stuck, but I guess this is the radio stack going back to the subpanel :D
Are there any tips that experienced panel buillders can pass on?
How do I get ASI on the EFIS and a dial (dynamic pitot pressure line must go through both bits of kit in series????)

As I go through, I`m sure I`ll have loads of questions. Thanks all.

The basics...

You 'should' be able to unscrew the panel from the glareshield. Some folks rivet it. A picture would help wonders here....

After you get the panel off-

You can use the old panel as a template for the new one, then you can use it as the skeleton for the modular panels.

I bought mine used as well- the builder REALLY helped me out by using LOTS AND LOTS of wiring termination blocks on the subpanel behind the panel. He literally ran every wire to a termination block- labeled it, then ran a new wire from there to the instrument. SNIP SNIP the tie wraps and undo the instrument/switch you don't want and finito!

LEAVE service loops on the panels so you can remove th screws to the panels and pull it out intact to work on the termination blocks or the panel.

I have a ENIGMA on order- I really like the fact that it can be wired with about a total of 10 wires. the EIS sensor wires go to the EIS box and only 2 wires go to the ENIGMA for complete EIS monitoring.

The nice thing about a modular panel- you can modify each panel separately. I moved some switches and simply remade one little panel.

Thanks,
there are no rivets, so it should come away easily.
If I move the radio stack to the right (modular panel style), do I just cut out more subpanel and screw the radio support on to the nearest but of subpanel that remains?

Order the fuse plans from Vans...

They talk about re-supporting the sub panel for a radio cut.

Besides- it would be good to see what you're getting into BEFORE you start snipping. (snip snip) :)