sblack

Well Known Member
I have a ray allen foam grip that came with my project. I am painting all the flight controls and I want to remove the grip to paint but on the 1" dia stick it won't budge. I tried compressed air like it says on their site with no success. Tried putting the stick in the freezer, didn't help at all. Any suggestions gladly accepted!

I removed mine by letting water run down the side of the stick.

Admittedly it wasn't on for long but a try can't do any harm...:)

Drill a hole in a block of wood that is slightly larger than the stick diameter. Then saw the block in half. Place the block around the bottom of the stick grip and push/pull on the wood to force the grip off. This procedure will allow the stick grip to expand slightly and it can then be slid off the stick.

big fat helpful idea?

wrap vinyl around the stick, seam to front.
from what I recall, about 6" of the stick is visible below the grip and above the cushions...so we're talking minimal real estate here eh?:)

Get your air nuzzle from your air tank under it (the nuzzle does not need to go under it) just the air and with the slight pull it comes right out. Try it and you will be amazed.

Get your air nuzzle from your air tank under it (the nuzzle does not need to go under it) just the air and with the slight pull it comes right out. Try it and you will be amazed.

I tried it and it didn't budge.:mad: