RickWoodall

Well Known Member
Someone happen to have the specs on what I need and where I can source the equipment to record the audio? I have a really cool new Drift hd170 stealth camera that has an external mike plug and I want tower calls and intercom chatter captured.

I am running with a mgl v10 comm with built in intercom and dont have any plugs to snap it into. So...figured I would make a plug/pigtail that snaps into passenger side headphone jack (big pin), and then t's off into another big receptacle to the headset can still snap in, and t off into the small pin that will go into the camera mic wire.

Better way to do this? Without an intercom or audio panel I can t into...any ideas?

What kind of recorder?

Since my Contour doesn't have an audio input jack, I have a separate digital recorder I use for recording audio, which I then sync up with the video as needed.

Philip,

Out of curiousity, what kind of digital recorder are you using?

Thanks

Thats exactly what I need, didnt know acs would have it premade. Great. $30 is steep, but whatever...get er done.

Nice video, like the comments. :D Blue skies.

Philip,

Out of curiousity, what kind of digital recorder are you using?

Um, lemme see...I just found one on Amazon that appeared to be decently fully-featured...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00387E5BM

The main feature I wanted was the ability to connect to my computer via USB so I could grab the audio files and import them into iMovie or some such.

Man, I cringe a little when I watch that video with the nose yawing all over Creation. I'm better now, I promise. :D

I do the same thing. Made my own adapter that goes in-line between the panel plug and the speaker of my headset. Recorder picks up anything that I hear. Cheap and functional.

If your intending to splice the audio into a video it's helpful to give yourself a marker to key off of for timing. Do a mic check combined with a gesture captured by the video.

A simple low cost method to capture the audio would be to use a external mike and place it in your headset cup.