digidocs

Well Known Member
The interior panels to be painted have been cleaned, scuffed, and primed with 7220. I have to go on a trip and won't be able to apply the Jetflex to the 7220 for a few days.

Should I scuff the 7220 before applying Jetflex or should I just clean and shoot?

Thanks for the advice. I'm still cracking this painting code.

David

I just cleaned and shot water-reducible jetflex over the cured 7220. The only places I've had any adhesion problems were where I didn't scuff before applying 7220, and both the jetflex and 7220 came off revealing bare aluminum. Apparently it's not really all that self-etching. At least I learned my lesson early.

It seems jetflex sticks just fine to 7220 though.

Before painting my interior with Sherwin-Williams JetFlex (solvent based), I tested covering my NAPA 7220 primer with Sherwin Williams G60P2 Wash Primer which I sprayed before the JetFlex. I wanted to make sure I didn't have to strip any of the 7220. I found it adheres great over 7220. I did a test strip of unprepared 7220, bare aluminum and scuffed aluminum and couldn't tell any difference between them and they all held up equally well to my unscientific scratch tests. I didn't spray any JetFlex directly over the 7220, though.

IMG_2238.JPG

Really like the JetFlex. It's as hard as nails.

IMG_2324.JPG