java

Well Known Member
I've read and followed the instructions.

When I post pics from picasaweb, it inserts a link into my posts instead of the pic itself. Is there a way, via picasaweb, to place the picture in my posts instead of a link?

The instructions say to look for a "direct link to image" button or something of the sort. I didn't see that in picasaweb, and have just been copying the url to post the pic, which results in the link instead of the pic itself.

Thanks for any help.

JV,

I've gone back and looked at the last thread that you posted a picture link in (Cracked skin at rivet), and then looked at Picasa's rules. It looks like Picasa doesn't allow you to post an image stored on their site to another site. They only allow links which send people to Picasa to view the photo.

I use Photobucket.com (which is a free service). Photobucket gives a drop down menu which you can copy/save the (IMG) location and then past directly into a VAF thread.

photobucketscreengrab1.jpg

***This is just my quick look at Picasa. Someone else may have better or more accurate information.***

Click....

Click "Link to Photo" on the right hand side..... in picasaweb

Then set the size......800 is nice and big

Check the box for "Image only (no link)"

Then copy the link from the "embed image" field

come back to VAF and hit the picture icon in the tools and paste the url you just copied from picasa.

Hope that helps

pete%20screen3.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks

Thanks Scott. Edited my post using Photobucket. I'll wait to see if anyone has any better ideas re: Picasaweb before converting completely.

I may be slow, but I'm persistent...

Thanks Pete. Keeps me from having to move all my photos over. One thing I did have trouble with is that I also have to check the box for "Image only (no link)" for it to work.

Thanks guys.

Thanks Pete. Keeps me from having to move all my photos over. One thing I did have trouble with is that I also have to check the box for "Image only (no link)" for it to work.

Thanks guys.

Glad Pete was able to get you the right info for Picasa. :)

I use Picassa and I just right click in the image I want to post.

I select "copy image location" and then paste it into the window that opens with the yellow sun/mountain icon.

Done.

This may be a Firefox enabled thing------Internet Exploder may not be able to do this, I do not know.

For instance, here is the photo from the VAF hat ad just to the left of the screen.

VAFCharityCap.jpg

A total of 4 mouse clicks, and done.

Last edited:
no question it's a pain to do the linking... but i suppose if you reallly, really want to post a photo on VAF then that's the process. once you get it(the process) it's really not that difficult at all, just clunky. i use Picasa linking/embedding process.

The process for posting a picture on VAF is dirt simple using TinyPic:

http://tinypic.com/

All you do is copy the code in the field labeled "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards" and paste that code to your message on VAF.

Interesting design you have here.

IMG_2701.jpg

How much use has it had??

Any trouble with it being not stable enough??

I finaly did it and it was not that hard.
Okay, now that you've finally done it, think about reducing the size of your photos, because the largest photo on a page dictates how the print appears for all other posts added to that page by other members.

2lkwbb7.jpg

Okay, now that you've finally done it, think about reducing the size of your photos, because the largest photo on a page dictates how the print appears for all other posts added to that page by other members.

2lkwbb7.jpg

Thanks for the advice.

Last edited:
Interesting design you have here.

IMG_2701.jpg

How much use has it had??

Any trouble with it being not stable enough??

I am working on my rv-10's tail right now. I am very happy with my design. I took some more pictures for you to take look at. I know you no longer need dimpling tool.:D

DSC00818.jpg

DSC00819.jpg

DSC00820.jpg

DSC00821.jpg