Jamie

Well Known Member
Which Exhaust?

Nevermind previous question...got a new one though!

Can someone tell me if the XP-360 used the same exhaust as the IO-360M1B? I'm assuming they do, but Van's is confusing me because they also sell an exhaust called "EA EXH 7/7A SUPERIOR", but I think it's ONLY for the composite forward facing sump. I'm using vertical induction.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Jamie:

I have a TMX-IO-360 with vertical induction. Vans had me buy the O-360 FWF. My understanding is that the exhaust will fit the vertical induction.

Some other FWF alterations are needed:
Delete:
VA-149-360-PC throttle mixture bracket
Gascolator
VA-161 Gascolator bracket

Add:
VA-182-PC kit
7/7A F.I. Pump Instal

Consider deleting the stock alternator and substituting the new Plane Power Alternator sold by Vans. It cost $100 more but should be well worth the difference.

There may be some other alterations but, I haven't identified them yet.

Jekyll

I think it is about time that Vans re evaluated the whole FWF kits.

Despite describing very carefully on the order form what our engine was (TMX IO-360), the kit came through wrongly. Van's were great about exchanging the parts but if I hadn't managed to get across to the States with a large box of bits in the flightdeck, the freight would have been over $200. In the end we had to order a carb FWF kit for an injected engine - how is that logical ?

Jamie said:
Nevermind previous question...got a new one though!

Can someone tell me if the XP-360 used the same exhaust as the IO-360M1B? I'm assuming they do, but Van's is confusing me because they also sell an exhaust called "EA EXH 7/7A SUPERIOR", but I think it's ONLY for the composite forward facing sump. I'm using vertical induction.

Thanks!

The EA EXH 7/7A SUPERIOR is for the horizontal induction which matches the IO-360M1B. Bill Peterson at Superior can probably be more helpful. He always got back to me quickly with pictures.

Last edited: